Certificate IV in Business (BSB40215)
This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use welldeveloped skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others
No licencing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
COURSE FORMAT AND PACKAGING RULES
Total number of units = 10
1 core unit plus
9 elective units, of which:
- 5 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
- if not listed below, 1 unit may be selected from either a Certificate III or Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBCON401 Work effectively in a business continuity context
- BSBEBU401 Review and maintain a website
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBIPR401 Use and manage copyright
- BSBIPR402 Protect and use new inventions and innovations
- BSBIPR403 Protect and use brands and business identity
- BSBIPR404 Protect and use innovative designs
- BSBIPR405 Protect and use intangible assets in small business
- BSBITA401 Design databases
- BSBITS401 Maintain business technology
- BSBITU401 Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBITU404 Produce complex desktop published documents
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRKG402 Provide information from and about records
- BSBREL401 Establish networks
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
*Assessment Methods/Mode: May include combination of Projects, Case Study, Knowledge based questions, Observations and Role Plays.
*Elective units may be chosen considering the specific job roles and or requirement for the target groups.
*Electives units for specific program or specific target group will be identified in the respective flyer/ TAS. Please speak to GBL representation for more information.
**It requires commitment to attend training and to complete assignments within specified deadlines. Learners will be expected to make this commitment before being enrolled in the program, and deviation from it during the course may result in them being withdrawn.