Certificate III in Business
This qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
COURSE FORMAT AND PACKAGING RULES
Total number of units = 12
1 core unit plus
11 elective units, of which:
- 7 of the elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, from this Training Package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level
- if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate II qualification and 2 elective units may be taken from a Certificate IV qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
- BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBFLM305 Support operational plan
- BSBFLM306 Provide workplace information and resourcing plans
- BSBFLM309 Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- BSBFLM311 Support a workplace learning environment
- BSBFLM312 Contribute to team effectiveness
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
- BSBINM302 Utilise a knowledge management system
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBIPR301 Comply with organisational requirements for protection and use of intellectual property
- BSBITU301 Create and use databases
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
- BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
- BSBITU305 Conduct online transactions
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
- BSBPRO301 Recommend products and services
- BSBPUR301 Purchase goods and services
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWOR302 Work effectively as an off-site worker
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
*Assessment Methods/Mode: May include combination of Projects, Case Study, Knowledge based questions, Observations and Role Plays.
*Elective units may be chosen considering the specific job roles and or requirement for the target groups.
*Electives units for specific program or specific target group will be identified in the respective flyer/ TAS. Please speak to GBL representation for more information.
*This course is commonly suited as Traineeship.
**It requires commitment to attend training and to complete assignments within specified deadlines. Learners will be expected to make this commitment before being enrolled in the program, and deviation from it during the course may result in them being withdrawn.