Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Units of Competency
To achieve this qualification, the candidate will need to complete 12 units of competency.
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBMGT401 Lead and facilitate off-site staff
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBREL402 Build client relationships and business networks
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
*Assessment Methods/Mode: May include combination of Projects, Case Study, Knowledge based questions, Observations and Role Plays.
*Elective units may be chosen considering the specific job roles and or requirement for the target groups.
*Electives units for specific program or specific target group will be identified in the respective flyer/ TAS. Please speak to GBL representation for more information.
**It requires commitment to attend training and to complete assignments within specified deadlines. Learners will be expected to make this commitment before being enrolled in the program, and deviation from it during the course may result in them being withdrawn.