Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Units of Competency
To achieve this qualification, the candidate will need to complete 12 units of competency.
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
*Assessment Methods/Mode: May include combination of Projects, Case Study, Knowledge based questions, Observations and Role Plays.
*Elective units may be chosen considering the specific job roles and or requirement for the target groups.
*Electives units for specific program or specific target group will be identified in the respective flyer/ TAS. Please speak to GBL representation for more information.
**It requires commitment to attend training and to complete assignments within specified deadlines. Learners will be expected to make this commitment before being enrolled in the program, and deviation from it during the course may result in them being withdrawn.